Saturday 8 September 2012

Once upon a time...

...There was a little girl named 'Bean', her mummy known as 'Boobies', and her daddy known as 'Jake'. She was an exceptionally happy and self possessed child, kind, social, beautiful, funny...etc etc...and her parents loved her VERY much. So...wouldn't it be nice to end this now with "and they all lived happily ever after."? Well, some days we do, and some days we don't. In parenting, unlike fairy tales, the stories don't always end perfectly, but the heros and heroines (I.e. mums and dads) of the real life stories do fight in the same way for the people they love and what they believe to be right...they slay metaphorical dragons, brew potions, and break curses with the best of them.

The purpose of this blog is to tell the story of my everyday life with Bean and Jake, how we conquer evil, cast spells, and wake to true love's kiss on a daily basis. I hope it will be an honest, entertaining read, and maybe even a source of inspiration and ideas for all you other sleep deprived mums and dads out there. I'd like to state right off the bat that I am in no way perfect (and whilst I may still cling to that vague goal from time to time - I don't recommended it!). I do however, try to be the kind of mum who embraces mess in the name of play, who keeps her calm when things get chaotic, and who can see the world through her child's eyes and all the possibility and wonder that beholds. I don't succeed all the time, and when I don't I try to recognize and move on without giving myself too much of a mental guilt bashing. I believe that as parents we all do our best for our children, but I also think that there is always room for growth, and so we need to keep paying attention to both ourselves and our kids so that we too grow and transform with them.

I look forward to feedback and exchange of ideas and inspiration, and sometimes for this to be just a place for thoughts. All of you who are willing to get down on the floor, play, listen, and connect with your kids are welcome here. Those of you who take your kids to the park and spend the whole time propped against the swings glued to your smart phone (and think that's ok!) had better find some other blog to surf. Just sayin '.

Bxx




No comments:

Post a Comment